Wednesday, November 14, 2007

At #10, the commish taps...

At #10, the commish taps his hometown 1988 NY Giants, who finished 10-6 and narrowly missed the post season. This was sadly Harry Carson's last year in blue. LT was the last of the "Crunch Bunch" left on the team. This was definitely a transition year, since the team was 2 years past their Super Bowl XXI victory and two years before their Super Bowl XXV upset of the Bills. Phil Simms had a pretty good year and LT had 15 sacks. I actually attended their week 2 loss to the eventual champion 49ers. LT was suspended, so he didn't play and the Giants gave up a late TD pass to of all people the Jerry Rice guy to lose by 3 (that's my photo of it off to the side). I predicted the play as I saw man coverage. I was banned from section 311 for the next 5 seasons because of that outburst. I owe this team big time.

No comments: